Additional Educational Resources for Parents, Students, and Teachers in the Magnolia School District
Although AMI packets for students in the Magnolia School District have been mailed, it is the district’s desire to inform our parents, students, and teachers of additional educational resources to assist in student learning.
The Division of Secondary and Elementary Education and Arkansas PBS have partnered to support teachers, families, and students by providing Arkansas AMI Learning Guides associated with PBS educational programming. Beginning March 30, Arkansas PBS will alter its regular television programming to provide age-appropriate educational content for three specific grade bands (PK-2, 3-5, 6-8). The Arkansas AMI Learning Guides have been developed to support home-based instruction in association with the PBS educational television programs to promote activities that students and families may use to practice existing skills, learn new topics, and interact with one another in a meaningful way.
For more information, visit these sites:
· www.myarkansaspbs.org/Arkansas... - Parents and teachers can access the AMI course videos and resources from this page starting Monday, March 30.
· www.dese.ade.arkansas.gov/divi... - This is where parents and teachers can find more information from the Department of Education about Arkansas AMI.
· www.myarkansaspbs.org/engage - Parents and educators can find thousands of lesson plans here as well as activities and videos grouped by grade and by topic to aid in learning at home. Parents can sign up there to receive daily learning resources emails.
· www.facebook.com/ArkansasPBS - Instructional content will be posted on the network’s page.
· www.youtube.com/arkansasPBS - Another venue for viewing PBS Arkansas programs and additional instructional content can be found here.
In the Magnolia area, the Arkansas AMI lessons will be broadcast on cable Channel 9. However, for those whose PBS channel is the Louisiana PBS network, the YouTube link above provides the Arkansas AMI lessons.
Other Parent Online Resources for Students can be found at https://bit.ly/Resources4Stude...